CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Finally...!



We have disappeared from the cyber world only because not much new is going on with the Chambers family. Ava and I went to SLC this weekend to visit family. Poor Dougie couldn't come because he was working in Boise. I did quite a bit of shopping and the picture of Ava is her on the South Towne Mall Carousel. I bribed her that if she stayed in her stroller, she could ride the horsey...it was the topic of the day.

We actually went down to surprise my mom. It was her last day of work, so we decided to throw her a surprise retirement party. It didnt quite go as planned. I am still not sure who to blame, but the fault mostly lies with my dad. The party was supposed to start at 7pm. So at about 6:45, Nate and I are on the kitchen floor, putting the final touches on our congrats banner. I look up and my parents are standing right in front of us at the back door. So, not only did they show up 15 minutes early, but they come in through the back door. Worst surprise ever! It was pretty great to see how everyone responded. None the less, it was a great time had by all. So, congrats to the BECKSTER!

Becky and the grand kids enjoying homemade ice cream and chocolate cake

We also celebrated Nat's 35th birthday. Happy birthday bro!


As I said above, I believe in bribing. I did some more shopping later and Ava decided that her prize was going to be chap stick. So on the way back to my moms, I was just chatting with my mom and Ava kept telling us that "sparkles are our friends" This sounds like the normal nonsense from her, so we didn't pay much attention to it. We got home and found her like this...

It is tough to tell from the picture, but Ava rolled up the entire stick of chap stick and spread it all over her face. BEAUTIFUL
So...Cheers to sparkles, they are indeed our friends

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Rachel - that is priceless!!! Cory does that same thing we I give him his new tube of chap stick...kids!!! Congrats to your mom! We need to get together soon...I say you and Doug need to throw a "thank goodness it's summer bbq party"?

Ashley said...

Sorry...not we, but "when"

Julie said...

wow Ava is a babe! She is so dang cute. Those pink bows are awesome. Sure can't wait to see you guys (hopefully this week!!).

ClinTeeny said...

"Sparkles are our friends"....priceless. She didn't fall far from the tree, that's a given. It was fun seeing you poops. Hope you didn't drain the bank account on gas. Love ya!

heidijogoody said...

Ava sounds like a true girl. so cute!

Amanda said...

Gotta Love It!
Ava is such a beauty!

Tay and Teigan said...

Sounds like a great party regardless. That's a hilarious mental picture. And Ava... she is too cute for her own good. Watch out for that one.

The Wright Family said...

Oh, Ava love my baby love! Will you please lock her up until Isaiah is old enough to marry her. It is about time you updated your blog.

Krystal said...

What a cutie... I love her! I bet she looked pretty irresistable with that sparkly face. Now I know that anything with lots of sparkles will be great for her birthday present... Maybe like the makeup kit you bought Ashlan. She is the Best! I like Ashley's idea about you guys throwing a bbq!

Megan said...

Hooray for the new post...Ava is too cute! I want her lashes!

Nicole said...

We are new to this whole blogging thing, can't believe how big Ava is now, what a cute little girl!

Whitney said...

Oh Rachel... that is too funny! I can picture the whole thing taking place in my head. Note to self for next time.... maybe think of a different prize instead of chapstick! :)

The Church's said...

I've heard Doug say Sparkles are our friends tons of times.

3 little haglers said...

Oh my rach, she is way to cute...are you sure shes dougs? haha. I miss you guys. I hear youre thinkin bout building a new house, true? well I hope all is great! We luv and miss you all!

Shai Brown said...

I'm waiting to see pictures of Mexico! Do you have any of Doug in his gray, shiny shirt?!?!

Julie said...

put up some pics of your trip!

metromut said...

really, you go to mexico and i have yet to see a picture of you bikini-clad. as for you rachel, i hope to see pictures of you fully dressed, showing nothing above the ankles, wrists, or anything otherwise below the adam's apple.

Shai Brown said...

where are the MEXICO pictures??? It's not like you're busy or anything.