Where has the summer gone?! I cant believe how fast time is flying. We celebrated Dougie's 28th birthday on June 11th
Ava almost burned her eyelashes off helping him blow out the 28 candles!
Doug's parents gave him the paintball guns and Adam and Kas gave him the butt rock t shirt. This will be the pic that circulates after Dougie shoots up some place...not to make light of anything, but it is quite unsettling.
Overall, Doug had a great birthday. Me and Ava love him and couldn't imagine a better husband and dad.
Shortly after Doug's birthday, we celebrated with little Ava who turned 3 on June 25th. It breaks my heart to see her get big, but she is getting so fun.
Here are pictures of her opening her "first set" of gifts in the morning. We had a fun birthday party for her at the fun zone. Ava thought it was the best...princess cake and all.
I cant believe how fast she is growing up...I had to post these next pictures because she looks like a little girl now...and not a baby... how sad :(
Happy Birthday Princess...We love you!
We enjoyed Independence Day with the Spencer clan. They rented a bouncy house, which was more than enough to keep the kids occupied while the adults participated in some intense volleyball.
And the best part of the 4th of July...
Home made ice cream :)
I just got home from a killer girls weekend in Mesquite. We enjoyed a day at the pool, ate cookie dough and watched movies. The next day, we went to Vegas to shop and saw MAMA MIA. We had such a good time and it was so fun to be with all the ladies
A few of the ladies in front of the Bellagio
As usual, I didn't take enough pictures of all the good times. It was a good break, but made us all homesick for our families.
Finally, for all of you who don't know, I am pregnant! We are due on Dec 20th. I go in on Monday to find out what we are having. I have posted a poll to check out the votes. The pregnancy is a lot different than my first. But I am having a hard time guessing what it will be. Let us know what you think in the polls!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Summer Happenings
Posted by Chambers Family at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



17 comments:
I'm jealous of your girls trip! It sounds like you had so much fun.
Ava is sure a cute little thing. We were glad that she and Sylvie could get together, even if it was only for an hour or two, while we were in Pocatello!
Happy B-day Doug and Ava! Vegas was so great! Thanks to the Chambers for letting us use their house in Mesquite! The cookie dough rocked but the best was seeing Rachel cry while watching P.S. I love You! You really do have a soft side, it's nice to see it once a decade!!
I totally think it's going to be a boy. But who knows....you guys make beautiful girls too. It's so true she's not little anymore. I think you are going to be in trouble in the junior high/high school years. Ava's BEAUTIFUL! Our girls trip was so fun. Can't wait to do it again.
I just saw Missy's comment and that was also one of my favorite parts of our girls trip as well. Me and Missy just sat there laughing for a while. You're the best! Love ya!
By the way I do think that show was the most depressing show I've seen in a while.
Rach, you're totally right about the pic of Doug all 'dressed-up'. If he goes postal, you'd better delete that puppy in a hurry. Seriously, I laughed out loud at work. I think you're in line for another girly-girl. No reason, just my hunch.
Ava is so adorable I am sure you can't believe she turned 3. And congrats on the news of the new baby can't wait to hear what it will be.
Hahaha!! I am laughing so hard at riverdance. Good times!! I'm thinking another girl for you. Happy b-day to Ava and Doug. And I miss volleyball with the Spencer's always a fun time.
K - So, I am super bummed that I missed out on the girls trip...could you maybe plan it better next time???!!! Just kidding, it looks like you guys had a killer time! I also think that you are having a girl---you're destined to have an all girl family...lucky Dougie!!!
Congrats on being el prego Rachel! We're excited for all of you! We missed chatting with you all at the annual 4th party. Maybe next year! I can't believe Ava is 3. You are right though, she's lost the little toddler look and looks like a preschooler! Take care! ~Lenna
Happy birthday Ava and Doug and congratulations to the whole family. Don't worry about ps i love you, i had to turn the movie off because it was so sad.
I'm so glad you had fun in Vegas, looked like it was a blast! Ava looks so pretty with her hair down like that, you better keep it up in piggie tails cause the boys are going to be all over her pretty soon! I can't wait to find out what you're having, let us know when you find out!! xoxo
Hi Rachel!
I totally just blog stalked you...and can I just say that you're little girl is beautiful?! She looks just like you when you were little...it's so fun to see your cute family!
Tamara Burrell-Thomas
A few things:
That trip looked awesome, how fun.
And you look fabulous... congrats on baby #2! Ava is absolutely beautiful. Seriously, you're going to have your hands full in a few years.
Happy Bday to Doug!
Ava is sooo cute!! She looks just like you. I am excited to hear what you are having. I can't beleive you came to Vegas and didn't call me!! Looks like you had fun.
Dave and I kept talking about how we have never met a more outgoing 3-year old. Ava was so fun. It was good to see you guys in Pocatello.
Hooray! COngrats!
Ava is so stinking beautiful. What a little heartbreaker she is going to be.
Yeah! Oh I love being pregnant! I must say, I'm a little jelous. I just wish that they would come out 6 months old...then maybe I would have more. Congrats!!
Post a Comment