CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Maela is ONE!


I am a month late! Our little Maela turned one on Dec 16. She is so much fun. We could just watch her all day long.

She had a good time opening all her presents and especially loved all the wrapping paper.


Although you cant really tell by the picture above, Maela loved her cake. She thought it was really weird when we all sang to her and looked at us like we were nuts. She had more fun hitting the cake then eating it at first. She got it all over the walls and floor. Then she would shove handfuls in her mouth. Too cute.
Here are some of our favorite things about our Mae bug.

1. She is SUCH a good sleeper. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 months old.

2. She is one of the happiest babies I have ever met (I know I am biased)

3. She is funny. She does some of the weirdest things. She is really into throwing her head forward, like headbanging. She has smacked her gums twice on the edge of the table doing this resulting in a bloody mouth. Bloody mouths aside, she continues to rock out!

4. She loves to play with her sister Ava. No matter what mood she is in, Ava can always make her laugh.

5. She has 6 teeth now and they all came in at different times which has caused her to have her teeth really uneven and hillbilly -ish. We love to see her big toothy smile.

6. She is a screamer. When you try to take something from her that she really wants, she will scream in one of the highest and loudest pitches that I have ever heard. Although we really try to discourage this, we cant help but laugh.

7. She loves to eat. She will try almost anything we give to her. She smacks her sweet little lips so loud. I don't think I have ever seen anyone enjoy eating so much.

8. She started to walk! She wasn't quite brave enough right when she turned one, but in the past few weeks she has gained the courage. She walks a very stiff walk , a little like Frankenstein.

9. She has soccer legs. She has been standing up on her own for a couple months now for long periods of time. She likes to squat and stand again and again and again.

10. She is a little bit of a daddy's girl. She loves her daddy!

We love Maela Kathleen and are so glad that she is part of our family. It is so weird to think that a year has already gone by! We cant imagine our life without her.

Happy Birthday Maela! WE LOVE YOU!

8 comments:

Julie said...

whoa that year flew by!! She is so adorable, I love Mae. Can't wait to see you guys next summer and to see her WALK!!!

heidijogoody said...

What a little cutie! I can't believe she is already 1!

Michelle K. said...

She didn't like that cake at all! Don't let it be her two year birthday when you will post again!

Christine said...

She is so cute, I can't believe she's one and I still haven't seen her yet, in person.

Coatsy's said...

oh my gosh she is a doll... Happy Birthday sweet little Maela.... i can't believe she is already one... next time your in town give me a call... i would love to do lunch or something :)

Neil and Becky's Business said...

Thats a sweet one-year old. Just makes me want to smooch those cheeks! Cant wait to see the Franketstein walk... Give her my grandma kisses, nice and sloppy.

The Wright Family said...

Okay, she is so cute, I love my Mae Bug!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAE!

The Church's said...

She is so adorable! I can't belive I have never seen her! We need to get together somehow, sometime! Do you ever come to Mesquite?