I like when my wife gets all riled up and excited about something. I like it because it usually means I will have an opportunity to do some sort of chore that is required of whatever fun new thing Rachel is doing.
For example, a family blog.
I want to go on record and declare that if you are reading this, consider us in a fight. Each one of you had direct influence on my wife, somehow convincing her to start up this blog. Interesting how influential you all are. I can't get my wife to pour me a bowl of cereal, while the rest of you have her boldly venturing into cyberspace. Goody. Guess who gets to pick up the slack and make sure the blog is updated?
Speaking of blogging, where were all of you losers when I was being paid to write a blog? Maybe if you had taken the time out of your extremely busy Facebook/Blogspot day, I could have had a readership and they wouldn't have told me to take a hike. Thanks again, my daughter is being raised on Top Ramen now because of your selfishness.
Moving on, you are no doubt wondering, "What is the Chambers family up to these days?"
Doug is working for Idaho Central Credit Union. He loves his job, which is good because he is there a lot. Rachel keeps busy coaching the Century High School Dance Team and working for Patriot Lending Group. Someday dance will be over and Doug will finally be able to take some time off work to focus on not killing himself.
The real center of our universe, as you can tell, is little Ava Chambers. We think she is pretty darn cute...which raises some suspicions about who her real father is. She is 2 right now and keeps herself busy singing the "ABC's," "You Are My Sunshine," "Wheels on the Bus" and "The Cholo Song"...which I don't quite understand. She loves Dora the Explorer and telling dad about her day, which she typically does about 47 times each night.
That's it for now. Hopefully this blog will be a good way to keep in touch with some of you who are too lame to actually call us once in a while. At the very least, it is something shiny to keep Rachel occupied for a while.
For example, a family blog.
I want to go on record and declare that if you are reading this, consider us in a fight. Each one of you had direct influence on my wife, somehow convincing her to start up this blog. Interesting how influential you all are. I can't get my wife to pour me a bowl of cereal, while the rest of you have her boldly venturing into cyberspace. Goody. Guess who gets to pick up the slack and make sure the blog is updated?
Speaking of blogging, where were all of you losers when I was being paid to write a blog? Maybe if you had taken the time out of your extremely busy Facebook/Blogspot day, I could have had a readership and they wouldn't have told me to take a hike. Thanks again, my daughter is being raised on Top Ramen now because of your selfishness.
Moving on, you are no doubt wondering, "What is the Chambers family up to these days?"
Doug is working for Idaho Central Credit Union. He loves his job, which is good because he is there a lot. Rachel keeps busy coaching the Century High School Dance Team and working for Patriot Lending Group. Someday dance will be over and Doug will finally be able to take some time off work to focus on not killing himself.
The real center of our universe, as you can tell, is little Ava Chambers. We think she is pretty darn cute...which raises some suspicions about who her real father is. She is 2 right now and keeps herself busy singing the "ABC's," "You Are My Sunshine," "Wheels on the Bus" and "The Cholo Song"...which I don't quite understand. She loves Dora the Explorer and telling dad about her day, which she typically does about 47 times each night.
That's it for now. Hopefully this blog will be a good way to keep in touch with some of you who are too lame to actually call us once in a while. At the very least, it is something shiny to keep Rachel occupied for a while.




10 comments:
Well I, for one, am excited to see that the Chambers have ventured into the realms of cyberspace! We don't keep in touch with you guys enough, so now atleast we'll get to see some cute pictures of Ava every once in awhile.
Doug- you and Tim have one thing in common, you can't help but rag on your wife! You guys must have grown up together...Could this constant torment have anything to do with that secret society that I've heard rumors about...the Crow's Nest?
I did read your blog when you were a sports writer guy, so tell Ava to choke that Ramen down and enjoy every last bit. Good to see you've come to the blog side of the planet. Tell Rachel she needs to give you a break. You missed a good Jazz game.
suckers!!!
Doug you love the blogging and thats why you wrote a post. Face it, you love to be funny and you love to entertain everyone. by the way Ava is beautiful! You're going to have fun with that one when she's 16. We love you guys.
welcome! (good job Rach way to nag!)
This is probably the best day of my life! The Chambers have entered the blogging world! I'm telling Jake! :) Doug, you'll never hear the end of it!
yeahhh! the chambers are blogging! i can't believe how big ava is getting. so when are ya'll in salt lake next? it's high time we got together.
It's too hard to get a hold of you what with all your travel around the country to various Obama rallies
and ava is gorgeous by the way.
Rach-- I tagged you! Check out my page
Thanks for welcoming us to the future. For some reason, we always pictured flying cars would be involved. I guess the joke is on us.
Ava is very cute. Do you want to arrange a marriage?
This just in....Pocatello is overrated. Join us in the paradise of "Southern" Utah and we can hang out.
Mike and Audrey
Post a Comment